19 nights / 20 days – North and South India Tour
Duration: 19 Night 20 Days
No single itinerary can truly capture the entire essence of India in less than three weeks, on this tour you will get an insight into many of the highlights of North and South India. The tour suggested here picks up elements of India’s rich history, unique culture and temples. Highlights of the trip include the boat ride along the Ganges (Varanasi) in the north and backwaters of Kerala in the south. Revel in the tropical climate, warm waters and lush green landscapes of the south in places like Cochin and Alleppey.
- Delhi: The Raj Ghat, A Rickshaw Ride At Chandni Chowk, Old Delhi, Jama Masjid, Tour Of Imperial Delhi, Humayun’s Tomb And The Qutub Minar.
- Agra: Visit The Taj Mahal At Sunrise, Agra Fort, See The Taj Mahal At Sunset From This Town Across The River.
- Jaipur: The Amber Fort, The City Palace, The Hawa Mahal And The Royal Observatory. Take Morning And Afternoon Heritage Walks To Local Markets.
- Udaipur: The Jagdish Temple, Boating On Lake Pichola, And Strolling Through The City Palace.
- Varanasi: The Illuminated Aarti At Dasahwamedh Ghat, Boat Ride On The Ganges River To See The Sunrise, The Vishwanath Temple, And The Banaras And Sarnath Hindu University Visited By Buddha.
- Khajuraho: Explore The Jain And Hindu Temples That Decorate The Countryside In Khajuraho. Visit The Famous Western Group Of Temples.
- Mumbai: City Orientation Tour.
- Aurangabad: Ajanta And Ellora Caves.
- Cochin: Discover The Incredible History And Culture Of Cochin Dating Back Over 600 Years.
- Alleppy: Explore The Beautiful And Charming Canals Of Alleppey.
Day 1:Arrival In New Delhi
For your arrival at New Delhi International Airport , Meet Our Travelogy India representative and transfer to the hotel, New Delhi is the capital of India a city of more than 15 million inhabitants, it is where your North and South India tour package begins . Night in Delhi.
Day 2: In New Delhi
Breakfast at the hotel proceed for a full day tour of Old and New Delhi visiting – Red Fort, Friday Mosque – Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk Silver Street, Raj Ghat, Hindu Temple – Birla Mandir, The Gate of India, The Rashtrapati Bhawan – the President’s house, the tomb of Emperor Humayun, the Qutab Minar and the Bahá’í temple. Night in Delhi.
Day 3: New Delhi- Varanasi
After breakfast, transfer to the airport to take the flight to Varanasi. We meet you on your arrival in Varanasi and transfer to the hotel of your choice. In the afternoon sightseeing tour of Varanasi visiting bathing ghats, Kashiviswanath Temple, Durgakund, Sankatmochan – Hanuman Monkey God Sanctuary. Overnight in Varanasi.
Day 4:Varanasi- Khajuraho
Early morning at sunrise boat ride on the Ganges River. After breakfast, transfer to the airport in time to board the flight for Khajuraho . Our Travelogy India representative is met upon arrival in Khajuraho and transferred to the hotel of your choice. Overnight in Khajuraho.
Day 5: Khajuraho – Jhansi Agra
Breakfast at the hotel we will proceed a sightseeing tour of Khajuraho in which we will visit the eastern and western group of temples. In the afternoon transfer to Jhansi railway station (180 Km / 04 hours), with time to board the Shatabdi Express (1756/2025 hours) for Agra. We meet you upon arrival in Agra and transfer to the hotel of your choice. We will spend the night in Agra.
Day 6: En Agra
Breakfast at the hotel followed by a city tour of Agra visiting the Taj Mahal and the Red Fort. We will spend the night in Agra.s), with time to board the Shatabdi Express (1756/2025 hours) for Agra. We meet you upon arrival in Agra and transfer to the hotel of your choice. We will spend the night in Agra.
Day 7: Agra- Fatehpur Sikri Jaipur (235 Km/5 Hours)
After breakfast departure to Jaipur by road (250 kms / 05 hrs) en route we will visit Fatehpur Sikri, the capital built in 1640 by the Mughal king, the great Akbar. The city was later abandoned due to lack of water. A magnificent example of Mughal architecture, it is perfectly preserved in the desert. We also visit the artistically designed Mausoleum of Salim Chisty who is reputed to have prayed for a son of Akbar leading to the birth of Salim Jehangir. From here we continue on a landscape drive to Jaipur. On arrival we check into our Hotel. Night in Hotel in Jaipur .
Day 8:In Jaipur
Breakfast at the hotel proceed to a full day tour of Jaipur visiting Hawa Mahal – The Palace of Winds, the Jantar Mantar, the City Palace and the Amber Fort . Your tour includes a ride around the fortress on the back of an elephant. Accommodation in Jaipur
Day 9: Jaipur- Udaipur
After breakfast, departure to Udaipur by road (400 km / 6 ½ hours). Upon arrival in Udaipur, check-in at the hotel of your choice. Accommodation in Udaipur
Day 10: In Udaipur
Breakfast at hotel, Proceed tour of Udaipur and visit City Palace, Jagdish Temple and Saheliyon ki bari. Evening sunset cruise on Lake Pichola . Overnight in Udaipur.
Day 11: Udaipur Aurangabad
After breakfast, transfer to the airport with time to board the flight for Aurangabad via Mumbai. He was met on his arrival in Aurangabad and transferred to the hotel of his choice. Rest of the day free. Overnight at Hotel in Aurangabad
Day 12: Aurangabad – Full Day For Ajanta Caves Excursion (107 Km)
In the morning we will drive to Ajanta Caves a World Heritage Site . One hundred and seventy kilometers northeast of Aurangabad are the remarkable rock monuments of Ajanta, which contain important examples of Buddhist architecture and sculpture, and what are undoubtedly the finest and most complete examples of early Buddhist painting in India.
The paintings that adorn the walls and ceilings of the caves depict incidents from the life of the Buddha and various Buddhist deities. Among the most interesting paintings are the Jakarta tales, which illustrate various stories related to the previous incarnations of the Buddha as Bodhisattavas, a holy being who is destined to become a Buddha.
Please Note: Ajanta Caves is closed on Monday
Day 13: Aurangabad Mumbai (By The Flight)
In the morning we will visit the ELLORA CAVES, located about 18 kilometers from the city of Aurangabad, a group of rock temples, with a magnificent series of Buddhist, Brahmanic and Jain temples of the 9th century Kailash Temple, carved out of a single rock, Carved with life-size figures of gods and goddesses, it is a marvel. There are 34 caves, of which 12 are Buddhist, 17 Hindu and 5 Jain. We also visit Daulatabad Fort and Bibi-Ka-Maqbra – The Bibi-Ka-Maqbra (19°55’N; 75°15’E) is a beautiful mausoleum of Rabia-ul-Daurani alias Dilras Banu Begum, the wife of the Mongol Emperor Aurangzeb (1658-1707). This mausoleum is believed to have been built by Prince Azam Shah in memory of his mother between 1651 and 1661 AD
Later transfer to Aurangabad airport in time to catch the flight to Mumbai. Upon arrival Transfer to the hotel. Overnight at hotel in Mumbai.
Please Note: – Ellora Caves is closed on Tuesdays
Day 14: In Mumbai
Breakfast at the hotel followed by a tour of Mumbai visiting the Gateway of India , Prince of Wales Museum, Hanging Gardens and Victoria Railway Station. After lunch (own expense), visit the Dhobi Ghat, a unique feature of Mumbai. In the afternoon we will pass through Marine Drive affectionately nicknamed as the queen of the necklace, because of the dramatic curve of its lampposts at night. You can stop at Chowpatty Beach, one of Mumbai’s most popular promenades and a favorite spot to watch the sunset. Night at the hotel. Overnight in Mumbai.
Day 15: Mumbai Cochin (By Flight)
After breakfast, check out of the hotel and drive to the airport to board the flight to Cochin. Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel. Later take a sightseeing tour of Cochin (Kochi) The Gateway of South India. This beautiful coastal city is flanked by the Western Ghats on the east and the Arabian Sea on the west. The tour includes visits to the church of Fort Cochin and St. Frances to visit the city of Vasco da Gama. Jewish synagogue and the “Dutch” palace of Mattancherry. Also famous in Cochin (Kochi) are the Chinese fishing nets that attract tourists in large numbers.
In the evening enjoy Kathakali dance performance, a traditional Kerala dance form with luxurious costumes, exotic makeup, masks, etc. This is considered to be the king of theatrical performances. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 16: Cochin- Kumarakom (90 Km/ 02 Hours)
After breakfast, check out of hotel and drive to Kumarakom. Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel. Kumarakom village is a cluster of small islands in Vembanad Lake, and this little world of water is part of the Kuttanad region.
Later we will visit the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, an ornithologist’s paradise is a favorite haunt of migratory birds such as the Siberian Stork, Egret, Darters, Bitterns, Brahminy Kites, Marsh Harries, Teals and several varieties of Herons roost. A cruise along the Vembanad Lake is the best way to experience the sanctuary. Return to the hotel, overnight at the hotel.
Day 17: Kumarakom – Alleppey (Backwater Excursion Via Sailing Boat To Alleppey)
After breakfast, check out of the resort and drive to the pier to board the boat. The day of the backwaters trip on the boat, through the enchanting tropical waters of Kumarakom by regattas (snake boats) for which Kerala is very famous, while sailing enjoy palm fringed narrow channels winding through the vast expanse of paddy fields and the neat little villages lined up along both sides of the canals are sights one will never forget. In the evening enjoy the sunset from the terrace of the houseboat, moving towards Alleppey . Night at the hotel.
Day 18: Alleppey – Varkala (120 Km: 3 Hours)
After breakfast, check out of the hotel and transfer to Varkala. Upon arrival, transfer to the resort. Varkala beach also famous for its scenic landscape, the contrast between the cliffs, the sand and the sea makes Varkala beach an enchanting sight. In the evening enjoy the sunset at Varkala beach, which is really impressive. Night at the resort.
After breakfast, the rest of the day is free to enjoy the activities on the beach. You can also enjoy herbal massage or body toning. Night at the resort.
Day 20: Varkala Trivandrum (51 Km / O1 Hours) – Delhi (By The Flight) – Towards Your Next Trip
After breakfast, the morning is free for leisure. Later check out from hotel and drive to Trivandrum airport to board flight for Delhi. Upon arrival transfer to the airport to board the flight for the journey ahead with happy memories of your vacation to India .
- Meeting and assistance on arrival/departure by a representative in each city.
- Accommodation in the mentioned hotels, for a Single/Double/Triple room as requested in India.
- Breakfast is included in all locations.
- A Spanish speaking guide in North India, Mumbai and Aurangabad. An English guide in South India. Separate cost for a guide in Spanish, if necessary in South India.
- Our representative in each city will help you check in at hotels and airports.
- A professional and friendly driver with a comfortable car.
- Train travel included in the business class tour from Jhansi to Agra.
- Experience different forms of transportation like: Rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, Elephant ride to Amber Fort.
- Amazing sunrise view of the Taj Mahal in Agra.
- Enjoy a boat ride on Lake Pichola in the romantic city of Udaipur.
- Boating on the Ganges River in Varanasi at sunrise time.
- Enjoy Rajasthani folk dance performances in Udaipur.
- Attend the splendid Ganges worship ceremony in Varanasi.
- The entire main monument of Mumbai will be covered for sightseeing.
- Experience the beautiful backwaters of Alleppey.
- Enjoy the Kathakali dance show.
- Visit the Ajanta and Ellora caves, which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites and are on every traveller’s wish list.
- Daily mineral water on board the vehicle (2 bottles based on a day per person).
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All toll taxes, parking, driver allowances and state taxes.
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Rates include only the services listed above and those mentioned in the attached itinerary.
- Entrance fees to the monuments and camera charges are not included in the cost.
- Internal airfare is not included in the package.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the “Tour Includes” heading.
- Vehicle services are not included in the free days after the end of the sightseeing tour according to the itinerary.
- The tax applied is at the current rate, if in case the service tax revised by the Government of India, is the same applicable accordingly.
- Items of a personal nature such as costs of telephone calls, table drinks, laundry, etc. Also, communication charges in any eventuality.
- International airfares, visa charges, and airport taxes on departure, if applicable.
- Travel insurance; passport and visa fees; and excess baggage on domestic flights.