12 Days – North India Tour – Khajuraho and Varanasi
Duration: 11 Night 12 Days
The Best of North India tour is all about the majestic monuments, forts, palaces, temples and the holy ghats.
The tour starts from the metropolitan city and the capital of India, New Delhi.
When in Delhi, we visit its popular monuments, stupendous centers of historical importance. Moving on, visit Jaipur and Agra and marvel at the beauty of the royal palaces and forts majestic for their intricate designs and architecture.
Later in the journey, we visit Khajuraho for the Chandela dynasty temples, known throughout the world for their spectacular and erotic sculptures and carvings.
- Visit The Taj Mahal And Discover The Intricate Details That Create The Grandeur Of Mughal Architecture.
- Witness The Rich Pink Architecture Of The Celebrated City Palace Complex In Jaipur.
- Traverse The Grounds Of The Former Imperial Ghost City Of Fatehpur Sikri.
- Taking A Sightseeing And Rickshaw Tour Of Old Delhi, Your Senses Will Come Alive As You Encounter The Many Captivating Sights And Sounds This Incredible City Has To Offer.
- Ride An Elephant To The Impressive Amber Fort.
- Varanasi: Experience The Ganga Aarti At Dasahwamedh Ghat, River Ganges Boat Trip To See The Sunrise, Vishwanath Temple, Banaras Hindu University And Sarnath Visited By Buddha.
- Khajuraho: Explore The Jain And Hindu Temples That Decorate The Countryside In Khajuraho.
Day 1 : Delhi
After your arrival at New Delhi airport, meet our representative who will escort you to one of our listed hotels in New Delhi . Check-in at the hotel and relax in the cozy comfort of your room. At night, you can venture outside to explore New Delhi’s pulsating nightlife. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 2 : Delhi
On the second day of the tour, embark on a city tour of Delhi. The major tourist attractions scheduled for the day are Birla Temple, Qutub Minar, Red Fort, India Port, Jama Mosque, Humayun Tomb and President House. In the evening, revisit the Red Fort to see the impressive sound and light show. Enjoy a comfortable overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3: Delhi – Jaipur : Delhi – Jaipur
After breakfast, travel by highway to Jaipur . Upon arrival, check-in at one of our listed hotels. After resting for some time, proceed for City Palace visit. The palace traverses extensive gardens and borders beautiful courtyards exemplifying Mughal and Rajasthani architecture to the fullest. Later in the day explore some of Jaipur’s other major tourist attractions including the Jal Mahal, Jaigarh Fort, Central Museum, Royal Observatory and Birla Mandir. You have the night free to spend the time as you want. Overnight at the hotel.
Night in Varanasi.
Day 4 : Jaipur
The next day starts with an excursion to Amber Fort which is accompanied by an exciting elephant joy ride. The afternoon continues to be busy with the city tour with the City Palace, along with the Royal Observatory and Hawa Mahal .
Overnight at the hotel.
Day 5 : Jaipur – Agra
After breakfast, leave for Agra by road. Stop midway to visit Fatehpur Sikri and explore places like Salim Chisti Tomb, Jama Mosque, Panch Mahal etc. Later in the day visit the tomb of Itmad-ud-Daula which provides visitors with an interesting insight into architecture within Mughal architecture. Another must look architectural wonder is the Red Fort which is frequented by hundreds of visitors each day. Let’s return the hotel in the evening and overnight at the hotel.
Day 6: Agra
Early morning visit of Taj Mahal , the seven wonder of the world and admired for its majestic and magnificent design. This alluring white marble with intricate interior designs never fails to charm a visitor. Then visit the Pearl Mosque and the Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daula which was built by Empress Noorjehan in memory of her father. You have the return and hotel accommodation.
Day 7 : Agra – Jhansi – Khajuraho
The next morning, transfer to Agra to the railway station to catch the train to Jhansi. Upon arrival in Jhansi, visit the Jhansi Fort and the Government Museum. The museum displays weapons, statues, and clothing that were worn during the reign of the Chandela dynasty. It also has a gallery of images from the Gupta period. After Jhansi visit, you have departure for Khajuraho. As you arrive in Khajuraho, check-in at one of our listed hotels for an overnight stay.
Day 8 : Khajuraho
In the morning after breakfast, embark on a guided tour in Khajuraho . Start with a visit to a group of famous temples of the Chandela dynasty. These temples are world renowned for their spectacular erotic sculptures and carvings depicted on them. The western group of temples that are dedicated to Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu which includes the Kandariya Mahadeva Temple, the Matangeshwar Temple, the Lakshmana Temple, and the Varaha Temple. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 9 : Khajuraho – Varanasi
In the morning after breakfast, you have the transfer to the airport to catch the flight to Varanasi . Upon arrival, check-in at one of our listed hotels. In the afternoon take an excursion to Sarnath, the buried Buddhist city. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 10 : Varanasi
The next morning enjoy a boat ride on the holy river Ganges while visiting the bathing ghats. Afterwards you have a day visit to the ancient Stupa, the Buddhist temple and the museum. After lunch depart to enjoy a city tour of Varanasi covering Bharat Mata temple, Tulsi Manas temple and Alamgir temple. In the afternoon you have the option to explore Banaras Hindu University to visit the Mughal Emperor Aurangazeb Art Gallery and Mosque. Enjoy a comfortable overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 11 : Varanasi – Delhi
In the morning, transfer to Varanasi airport to catch a flight to Delhi. Upon arrival, check-in at one of our listed hotels. Rest and relax for the day. At night, you have the option to explore the hyperactive nightlife of Delhi . Enjoy an overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 12: Delhi
Breakfast at the hotel.
In the morning, you are transferred to New Delhi airport to catch your flight for your outbound journey.
- Meeting and assistance on arrival/departure by a representative in each city.
- Accommodation in the mentioned hotels, for a single / double / triple room as requested.
- Breakfast is included in all locations.
- A Spanish-speaking guide in each city.
- Our representative in each city will help you check in at hotels and airports.
- Professional and friendly driver with a comfortable car.
- Boating on the Ganges River in Varanasi at sunrise.
- Attend the splendid Ganges worship ceremony in Varanasi by boat.
- Experience different forms of transportation like: a Rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, a jeep ride to Amber Fort.
- A visit to the Taj Mahal at dawn in Agra.
- Daily mineral water on board the vehicle (2 bottles based on a day per person).
- Business class train travel is included in the cost from Agra to Jhansi.
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All toll taxes, parking, driver allowances and state taxes.
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Rates include only the services listed above and those mentioned in the attached itinerary.
- Tickets to the monuments are not included.
- Camera charges are not included in the cost.
- Internal airfare is not included in the package.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the “Tour Includes” heading.
- Vehicle services are not included in the free days after the end of the sightseeing tour according to the itinerary.
- The tax applied is at the current rate, if in case the service tax revised by the Government of India, is the same applicable accordingly.
- Items of a personal nature such as costs of telephone calls, table drinks, laundry, etc. Also, communication charges in any eventuality.
- International airfares, visa charges, and airport taxes on departure, if applicable.
- Travel insurance; passport and visa fees; and excess baggage on domestic flights.