12 Days – Golden Triangle with Kerala and Mumbai
Duration: 11 Night 12 Days
Golden Triangle is a packaged tour in itself, making it all the more ambitious we add God’s Own Country Kerala to this package making it an exclusive tour bestowing cultural heritage with natural charm. It is an extraordinary experience to witness the architectural wonders of India with the most incredible natural landscapes that is a feast for the eyes.
To make your trip to India more exciting and enthralling with the golden triangle tour with Kerala which is a perfect destination to see the natural beauty, hills, palm trees, beaches and backwaters.
- Delhi: Raj Ghat, A Rickshaw Ride Through Chandni Chowk, Old Delhi, Jama Masjid. A Journey Through Imperial Delhi, Humayun’s Tomb And The Qutub Minar.
- Agra: Visit The Taj Mahal At Sunrise, The Agra Fort. Visit The Taj Mahal At Sunset From This Town On The Other Side Of The River.
- Jaipur: Amber Fort, City Palace, Hawa Mahal And The Royal Observatory. Afternoon Walks Through The Local Markets.
- Cochin: Discover The Incredible History And Culture Of Cochin Dating Back Over 600 Years.
- Alleppy: Tour The Beautiful And Charming Canals Of Alleppey.
- Discover The Magnificent Elephanta Island, Where Temples Have Been Carved Into Caves With Remarkable Artistry And Detail.
Day 1 : Arrival in New Delhi
As you arrive in Delhi , you will receive a warm welcome from our Travelogy India representatives who will transfer you to a pre-booked hotel. They would guide you on your travel program and deliver all the documents related to the tour. Relax at the hotel and spend the day indulging in leisure activities. Overnight in Delhi.
Day 2 : In New Delhi
After breakfast at the hotel, proceed to enjoy a combined sightseeing tour of Old and New Delhi. Starting with the drive to Old Delhi , where we will drive through the Red Fort built by Shah Jahan in the sixteenth century, when he moved to move his capital from Agra to Delhi .
Just opposite, we would visit Jama Masjid – the largest mosque in India, built by Shah Jahan. Right near Jama Masjid, we would explore the oldest local market of Chandni Chowk, where we would take a rickshaw ride through very narrow streets, spice market, colorful bazaars etc. From here, we would go by car through India Gate and the Palace of the President of India.
We would continue by car and arrive at Humayun’s Tomb which is known for its architectural beauty. Also visit the Qutub Minar – the tallest concrete structure in India at 74 meters in height, Mughal Emperor Humayun’s Tomb and the Lotus Temple (Bahia Temple). Overnight accommodation in Delhi.
Day 3 : Delhi – Agra (By Private Air Conditioned Car)
Today, after a leisurely breakfast at our hotel in Delhi, we would drive to our next destination, Agra , the city known for the Taj Mahal. We would enjoy a smooth ride through the Yamuna Express Highway which would take you to reach Agra in three hours. Upon your arrival in Agra, we would do a quick check-in at the hotel, and proceed to your rooms to shower and change clothes.
In the afternoon, we would come to the room, where our guide would be there to help us and we would proceed for sightseeing. Starting sightseeing of Agra Fort located on the banks of Yamuna. This fifteenth century fort is made of red sandstone by Emperor Akbar, where the Shah Jahan – the maker of the Taj Mahal was kept in prison.
Also visit the Tomb of Itmad-U-Daulah known as the ‘Taj Baby,’ as it was built of white marble like the Taj Mahal. At the end of the afternoon we headed towards the Taj Mahal, where we would jump into the Tonga, the horse cart that would take us to the main gate of the Taj Mahal, where we would start exploring the Taj Mahal on foot. Built in the memory of Mumtaz Mahal, Taj Mahal is a true example of the love that Shah Jahan had for his wife. The guide would accompany us and give us the detailed information about the Taj Mahal.
Day 4 : Agra – Jaipur (By road approx. 235 kms. /04 hrs by car) en route visit of Fatehpur Sikri
After breakfast, drive to Jaipur, enroute visit Fatehpur Sikri – a perfectly preserved red sandstone “ghost city” that was the former capital of Mughal Emperor Akbar, built in 1569 and abandoned when its water supply failed. . Reach Jaipur and transfer to hotel. Overnight accommodation in Jaipur.
Day 5 : Jaipur sightseeing
After breakfast, check-out from the hotel and visit the majestic Amber Fort – Amber is the classic romantic palace fort of Rajasthan . He would take a ride on the elephants to the former royal capital set against the backdrop of the wooded hills. Tourism continues. City Palace , Jantar Mantar, Hawa Mahal . For later you have the transfer to the railway station to board the train to Delhi. For your arrival, you would meet our representative and you have the transfer to the hotel. Overnight accommodation in Delhi.
Day 6 : Jaipur – Mumbai (By Flight)
Take an early morning flight to Mumbai and transfer to the hotel for an overnight stay. This afternoon we will visit the Gateway of India. Drive past the Mumbai High Court and Victoria’s ornate terminus. Drive along the Marine Drive and visit the Hanging Gardens, offering a splendid view of the city.
Day 7 : Mumbai – Cochin (By Flight)
You have the morning transfer to the airport to board the flight for Cochin. For your arrival in Cochin – it’s a vibrant city located on the southwestern coast of the peninsula in the stunningly picturesque and prosperous state of Kerala , hailed as “God’s Own Country.”
Informally, Cochin is also referred to as the gateway to Kerala. Meeting and assistance at the airport and transfer to the hotel. Later proceed to visit the Chinese Fishing Nets, this unique style of large cantilevered fishing nets, the Basilica of Santa Cruz, this historic church. And near the area around the synagogue, called Jew Town, is the center of spice and craft shops. Mattanchery Palace.
In the evening see Kathakali the famous dance drama of Kerala. This dance is characterized by telling a great story, incredible costumes and extensive makeup. Start early to see the artist getting ready for the show (5pm). Take a closer look at the worthwhile ritual of the hour-long make-up process as part of our daily Kathakali performance. After the performance, you would have a unique opportunity to take photos together with the performers in colorful costumes as a souvenir. All the performance would support you with English feedback. Overnight stay in Cochin.
Day 8 : Cochin – Kumarakom (By road approx. 65 kms./ 1 hour and a half by car)
Breakfast at hotel then drive to Kumarakom – Kumarakom is also one of the enchanting backwater regions of Kerala . The labyrinthine network of rivers, canals, streams and lagoons that make up the famous backwaters offer stunning views and is an ideal place to relax.
Visit the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary situated on the banks of the backwaters and known for its diverse avian population. Local varieties such as waterfowl, cuckoos and owls, as well as migratory Siberian cranes can be seen here. Day trip to the bird sanctuary.
By your arrival and you have the transfer to the hotel. Overnight stay in Kumarakom.
Day 9 : Kumarakom – Alleppey (By road approx. 40kms/01hr by car)
Breakfast at the hotel and departure to Alleppey. Upon arrival, transfer to Kettuvallam (Floating House). Cruise departure after lunch on board. Houseboats or “Kettuvalloms” are luxurious boats with well-appointed rooms and en-suite bathrooms. You can sunbathe on the deck or gaze at the palm-fringed landscape from your cabins. Apart from the mesmerizing surroundings it is the life along the coast that adds a touch of the exotic to this experience.
The locals travel by canoe and you would find vegetable vendors, fishermen and other merchants bringing items from home, door to door in small wooden boats. As you cruise along the backwaters you can ask your captain to stop at villages, rice paddies and other places. Overnight stay on board the houseboat / hotel.
Day 10 : Alleppey – Kovalam (By road approx. 160 kms/03 hrs by car)
Breakfast at the hotel go to Kovalam by car- a perfect tropical beach; A traditional fishing village offering fresh fish, fruit and toddy (coconut beer). Today this little beach is the focus of a multi-million dollar business, attracting thousands of tourists for a week’s dose of ozone, UV and a refreshing Indian experience. Kovalam is only 16 kms from Trivandrum. Today Kovalam beach is known as the “Paradise of the South.”
Day 11 : Kovalam
Breakfast at the hotel. Rest of the day free. Overnight stay in Kovalam.
Day 12 : Kovalam – Trivandrum (By road approx. 15kms/30 minutes by car) – Departure
After breakfast, transfer to Trivandrum airport to board the flight onwards.
- Meeting and assistance on arrival/departure by a Travelology India representative in each city.
- Accommodation in the mentioned hotels, for a Single/Double/Triple room in India as requested.
- Breakfast is included in all locations.
- A Spanish speaking guide in North India and Mumbai. An English guide in Kerala (In South India there are few guides in Spanish available).
- Our representative in each city will help you check in at hotels and airports.
- A professional and friendly driver with a comfortable car.
- Experience different forms of transportation like: a Rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, an elephant ride to Amber Fort in Jaipur.
- Fascinating view of the Taj Mahal in Agra.
- Daily mineral water on board the vehicle (2 bottles per person per day).
- Enjoy the beautiful backwaters of Alleppey and experience the stay in the houseboats.
- Relax on Kovalam beach.
- Enjoy the Kathakali dance show.
- Visit the main tourist attractions of Mumbai.
- Daily bottled mineral water on board the vehicle (2 bottles based on a day per person).
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All toll taxes, parking, driver allowances and state taxes.
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Rates include only the services listed above and those mentioned in the attached itinerary.
- Entrance fees to the monuments and camera charges are not included in the cost.
- Internal airfare is not included in the package.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the “Tour Includes” heading.
- Vehicle services are not included in the free days after the end of the sightseeing tour according to the itinerary.
- The tax applied is at the current rate, if in case the service tax revised by the Government of India, is the same applicable accordingly.
- Items of a personal nature such as costs of telephone calls, table drinks, laundry, etc. Also, communication charges in any eventuality.
- International airfares, visa charges and airport taxes on departure, if applicable.
- Travel insurance; passport and visa fees; and excess baggage on domestic flights.